Thursday, November 30, 2006

Birds Nest with Gingko and Egg recipe


I've got this tonic recipe from my Chinese Doctor (Chung Yee). According to her, the birds nest, gingko and egg soup is especially good for ladies after menses. It should be taken after the menses in two continuous days. Don't worry its suitable for your man to eat also hehehe I've checked with my doctor. You still can cook together but just make sure you separate your portion and add ONE WHOLE EGG to it. For my WuaWa, I didn't add any egg for him. The end result really looks like 'foo chuk pak ko tong sui':p. The taste is OK and the egg texture is so smooth but I still prefer birds nest with rock sugar only. :P

Ingredients (For 1 person):
1-2 Birds nests
7 Gingko nuts
1 Egg (must be 1 whole egg)
Rock sugar to taste
200ml water

Method :
1. Soak the birds nests, pick out any loose feathers and rinse well.
2. Shelled and skinned gingko nuts.
3. Double boil the birds nests, gingko, water and rock sugar for 2 hours.
4. Lastly, lightly beat the egg and add it into the soup and stir.
5. Serve while its hot.

No comments: